Surnames/tags: IRISH_ROOTS COUNTY_CLARE MUNSTER
This page has been accessed 382 times.
- For details of items categorized under County Clare see the County Clare Category or the Main Clare information page (link above)
Part of the Ireland Project
- The leader of the County Clare Team is Paddy Waldron
Welcome to the County Clare Team
- A part of the Irish Roots Project
What we do
- Ireland Project - County Teams
- A PDF file giving an introduction to inform you of the role of the county teams, to explain the structure of the teams and to let you know what is expected of you as a member. This PDF is hosted on the Google Drive of David Loring so if you have any problems accessing it please contact him. The PDF is downloadable from the viewer.
- Whilst familiarizing ourselves with Styles and Standards and 'standard' Wikitree 'best practice' goals such as merging duplicate profiles, sourcing, cleaning and adding biographies, linking profiles to the wider family tree and general Profile Improvement, as a member of the County Clare Team you will be assisting in helping people locate their ancestors in County Clare. There are various ways in which we can do this, some through the sub-projects of County Clare and some by providing the framework whereby records are grouped together, categorized, under various aspects such as towns, townlands, parishes, electoral districts and census records etc.
- Please remember Communication Before Editing.
Helping as a member
- A part of being a member of the Ireland Project and of the County Clare Team is giving a little bit of your time if possible to tidying up the profiles we oversee as the team. Some of these profiles such as the Unknown Locations and Unsourced need a bit of TLC from the Team members. In particular those that have been orphaned for what ever reason and no longer have a profile manager to watch over them need our attention. Any little bit of time you can spare will be appreciated you may be assured. Resolving sources for unsourced profiles and determining locations of birth and / or death where such information does not currently exist will benefit the whole WikiTree community.
- See the Profiles Needing Work section below for details of what is needing to be done.
- For other Sub-Categories for County Clare see County Clare. Some examples of the sub-Categories are:
- See Irish Roots Sub-Projects for other Irish projects you might be interested in.
- It is highly recommended that you start a One Name Study or more for your surnames. It is a great place to store your research notes, sources such as web sites, books, etc. and a place to connect to other genealogists who are working on that name.
County Clare Civil Parishes update status
- Go to the Parishes of County Clare status page which display the progress of parish CIB and Space pages and the current version number.
Profiles Needing Work
- Last updated 18 Mar 2022 David Loring
- ‡ Please be aware that profiles in a name study categorised under a civil parish may need to remain and not be moved to a lower level. Please consult the Name Study leader before doing anything, otherwise all profiles should be moved to a lower level where possible.
- Elements of these categories may also be connected to County Clare:
- Ireland Unsourced Profiles
- Category: Irish Roots Project Needs Biography
- Category: Irish Roots Project Needs GEDCOM Cleanup
- Data Doctor's Ireland error list
- A considerable amount has gone into and is still on going on the determination of the correct townland names and locations and the categorization of these. In order that we present a uniform format for location categories please visit this page for help with creating Geographic Categories for County Clare
- Building upon a sound framework of locations we aim to provide as comprehensive as possible a list of resources on the main County page.
- Please add additional resources to the main county page. (See link on the line above)
- Irish Roots has a Google Forum
- Irish Roots also has a Discord server. Discord is a chat room as as such is the preferred method of speedy communication. Please ask Amy Gilpin, Rich Devlin or David Loring for an invitation link.
If you are new to WikiTree
- If you are new to Wikitree please take a look at WikiTree Help
- Will you join us? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag County_Clare, send me a private message or just add your name below. Thanks!
- Paddy Waldron - I am here mainly so that I can contribute to the profiles for my pre-1700 County Clare ancestors, such as James Butler (Abt 1648 - 1726), who was probably my GGGGGGGgrandfather, although there is conflicting information in published family histories. I am a former chairperson of the Clare Roots Society and an administrator of the Clare Roots project and of several surname projects at Family Tree DNA.
Members of the team
- Please add above what you're working on and/or your interests
Your own Profiles that need work
- Add your problem profiles or brick walls here (or leave a message and we'll enter it)
- Return to the Munster Team page
- If you are interested in becoming pre-1500 certified see Help:Pre-1500 Profiles and apply at Pre-1500 Certification Request
Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)